Saturday, December 6, 2008

Thanksgiving




Thanksgiving has come and gone, Christmas is right around the corner! Harry celebrated Thanksgiving 3 times this year...that is a lot of TURKEY for a 2 year old.

His first Thanksgiving was celebrated at Baby School, probably shouldn't call it Baby School anymore. He talls me that it isn't Baby School, his dad had taught him to call it "Cool School!" I hope he always believes that. TUCDC always has a large family dinner every year. It is always the busiest day at school. You have to get there early or you don't get to park. Butch was unable to come, he had to work - go figure! My father came and joined us though and Harry loved it. He showed Grandpa all the books and art projects in the classroom. We took turns getting food because the line is always long. I was shocked at how delicious the turkey was, moist...it was so moist! After lunch Grandpa took Harry to his house to play for the afternoon. Could you imagine the fight we would of had of we tried to leave him at school for a nap? His teachers would have hated us!!

On Thanksgiving, Harry and I spent the day at Grandma & Grnadpa's. Harry and I watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. He loved seeing the floats, bands, and especially the balloons. Harry napped while we enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner. It was delicouis as usual. Mom and I nibbled most of the morning so we didn't eat much when we actually sat down for the meal.

After Butch got home from work we went to Utica Square's Lights On Celebration! It wasn't as good as I remember it being as a child. I remember carolers, bell ringers, and store serving hot cider on the sidewalk. NOPE!! not anymore. There were some men signing carols on a stage and Santa was on the stage but we couldn't get close enough to him. Harry really enjoyed the nutcrackers throughout the square. He made some new friends...as usual where ever we go...they played tag and climed on the nutcracker. There were a lot of people out and the weather was nice. I saw my friend, Becky's, family. They were doing well trying to get through the holidays after her loss. She loved the holidays! There were some people I went to high school with and few I knew from work. So in the end, it wa snice night out with the family.

Later that weekend, we enjoyed a nice Thanksgiving lunch with some extended family. We got to see grandparents, aunts, and cousins which we don't see often so it was really nice.

While we were enjoying these meals we were also POTTY TRAINING! Harry is doing well but we still have a little bit of a road to travel. Harry loves wearing his underwear and being a big boy but he doesn't like to miss any action to tinkle. I will keep you updated on this adventure.

No comments: