Saturday, December 6, 2008

Decorating for Christmas!






Finally!!! We are putting up our Christmas decorations. I love having the lights in the frontyard, the tree in the living area and the stockings hung from the mantle. Butch really loves doing the lights outside and I never know what they are going to look like but I am always positive you will be able to see our house from the moon. This year he has decided to not do his usual Christmas Tree in the front yard thinking that Harry or our old dog might trip over the light strings. He has put white lights in the front tree, he thinks it needs more so I will update you on the finished project. He is working on the brushes now. Yes at 1235 at night he is out putting Red & White lights throughout our brushes on both sides of the house.

He did take a break earlier to put up the Christmas Tree with Harry and me. Our tree looks beautiful if you ask me. Harry really enjoyed fluffing the tree limbs before handing Butch each one. Butch added the lights as Harry helped me untangle the strings. Butch picked Harry up to put the star on top, but had to redo it because it was a lopsided. I hung ornaments as Harry put the candy canes on the tree. While Harry and I decorated, Butch changed fuses in the strings of light that didn't work. He is dedicated to his lights!

Harry recieved a sheet of static cling Mickey Mouse Christmas decorations for his bedroom windows. He loved decorating his own room! The clings were not sticky at first so I licked one and it worked. Well you probably guessed it! Now everytime he goes into his room he removes one, licks it, and sticks it back on the window. He thinks licking is so COOL! It is the smallest things in life!

He has fallen in love with candy canes since he saw them on grandma's tree. He is waiting for Cousin Shea to come and help him get the candy canes that are higher on the tree then he can reach. He is expecting Cousin Shea to be about 6 feet tall, I think!

Shea, you are going to be a busy guy when you come to town. Harry is very excited to see you!

I will keep you updated on the lights!

1 comment:

Amy Flanagan said...

We LOVED the video. And Shea wants to know if he is actually 6 feet tall. I had to disappoint him!