Sunday, October 26, 2008

Weekend of October 25 & 26
















This weekend, we had beautiful autumn weather. Butch had a 3 day weekend and that is very unusual! Christmas is right around the corner so I am sure we won't have these weekends again for atleast 2 months. His job this time of year is like working in retail and most of us know how that is.

Saturday, I talked Butch into taking a day off from working on the remodel of our basement and going to BooHaHa with me and Harry. Harry is a cowboy this year for Halloween. He loves his cowboy boots and hat!! I think he might be an Okie!We walked the 2 miles up and down Brookside. We say "we" as in Butch and I, Harry had the life of riding in the wagon. We pulled him up to the storefront and he held up his elmo bucket and they threw in candy. I don't remember Trick or Treating being that easy! I think Butch had it the easiest...he walked and ate Harry's candy as we strolled...he didn't have to hold the Elmo bucket!!


Later that afternoon, we went out again to the beautiful new arena in Tulsa for the season opener of the Tulsa Oilers! We had free tickets and thought why not we love Hockey and we even met at the season opener ten years ago! Well, our ticdkets were two rows from the roof of the arena. Harry really got a kick out of it! He loved seeing the flag hanging from the ceiling so close to us. Most of game he spent running back and forth down the aisle, I was a nervous wreck that he was going to make one wrong step and bounce down througha crowd of 15,000 people onto the ice.


Today, I had to get up and teach Sunday school. 5 minutes before class started Butch called to tell me that he was spinning Harry on the swing in our backyard. Harry wanted to spin faster and fast until he eventually threw up all over our backyard! I guess that is what Daddys are for.


We spent most of the wonderful Sunday out in the backyard, during Harry's nap I got over loads of laundry done and Butch finished the touch up in my new scrapbook area int he basement. I am very excited to finally have my own spot to scrap! Now if I can only find the time! I am looking forward to the weekend at my frined Yvette's lakehouse in a couple weeks. Four of us, girls only!, scrapping for 48 hours.


No comments: